Friday, August 20, 2010

Funny thing happened...

Where do I start? About three years ago my Dad died after seven years of defiance of logic and medical know how. I decided after speaking with siblings and family that I should go see a shrink. It was both horrible and great. You see, I only went once, and don't really mind if I never go back again. We talked for about an hour but I will give you the only parts I remember and took with me. She told me that she was not sure if she wanted to take me on as a client because she didn't think that I would make it another 5 years before I ate myself into the grave. She also said that she thought I had been hiding behind my weight and a dinner plate from the world at large because of my daddy issues. At the time I was shocked and dismayed. I kinda walked around of balance for a bit and then told both my wife and a sister what all she had told me. They were outraged. Now, I look back and see that she was right on the mark. So, 165 lbs lost, personal outlook altered, discipline in progress, and belief system altered, I am ready for the world. Aren't I? I have been sitting back and waiting for life to happen. It is time to take things head on. I am not gonna lie to you. It has been great fun sitting on the bench. I am ready to get more out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment