Friday, March 5, 2010

book-ish

1) What's your favorite magazine?
Rolling Stone ties with Martha Stewart Living…yes, I am serious.
2) What book are you currently reading?
I am currently working on Wake Up by Jack Kerouac, Sit Down and Shut Up by Brad Warner, Shakespeare’s King Lear, and the First Southern Vampire Mysteries book. You know, those Sookie Stackhouse books they base True Blood on.
3) What's the worst book you ever read?
Drop City by T. C. Boyle – There is not one redeeming character throughout the whole thing.
4) What makes a book perfect for you?
I need characters that I find redeeming and which I can relate to. A bonus to tip towards perfect is if there is an emotional response triggered. Otherwise, I find life is too short. I don’t feel like ‘Challenging reading’ is something I really want in my life. I am looking to be intrigued yes, but first and foremost I want to be entertained.
5) If you could buy any book right now, which one would it be?
I really need to finish one of the four I am working on but I have been eyeballing Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain for a while. It is not available on Kindle or I would already have it.

1 comment:

  1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safron Meier is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete