Thursday, March 25, 2010

Live and in person

I have been thinking about live shows as of late. You see, MJ and I will be seeing 30 seconds to Mars twice inside of 30 days soon. MJ LOVES 30 seconds to Mars so really this is a no brainer for us. They played the Cain’s about 4 years ago just after ‘A Beautiful Lie’ came out. Alas, we had not yet discovered them and we would not have been able to afford to go anyway. Those were lean years. Although, it got me to thinking about other bands I have seen live more than once. Shiny Toy Guns are opening for them in LA so that makes twice we have seen them live. As for the shinys it would have been the third time if I had my way in July of ’08. I have yet to see any live act 3 times but was really surprised by how many acts I have seen twice.
1. Nine Inch Nails – One of my top five favorites I would obsessively follow a live Trent Reznor show around the globe given enough time and money. He and Prince are the only two artists I have actively sought out live bootleg recordings of.
2. Foo Fighters – both times at the Cain’s once for each of the first two albums. It blows my mind that they are now selling out Wembley Stadium with Jimmy Page hopping onstage when I saw ‘em sweating it out in Tulsa’s home of Bob Willis.
3. Cheap Trick – both times as opening gigs, once opening for STP and another for Def Leppard and Poison
4. Poison – Headlining at Driller’s stadium in the era of Unskinny Bop and then opening for Def Leppard at the BOK
5. Stone Temple Pilots – opening for the Butthole Surfers at Mohawk Park and then headlining at the Pavilion, both in Tulsa
6. All American Rejects – Dfest and in ’09 at the Brady
7. Paramore – Dfest and opening for No Doubt
8. No Doubt – Opening for Bush and in ’09 headlining in Dallas
9. Limp Biscuit – Edgefest and Family Values
10. Garbage – Once opening for Smashing Pumpkins and once at the Cain’s
11. Gravity Kills? Not sure about this one. I know I saw them with Poe at the Brady but I am not sure if I saw them at one of the Edgefest shows as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment