Wednesday, December 9, 2009

the post that must not be named

I used to wonder what various reasons depression ran higher numbers in the winter. I know the main points. Holidays seem to bring loneliness to a head. Seasonal Affective Disorder from the lack of sun. Cold weather lends to isolation and/or social hibernation. But last night I think I may have awakened to another reason. I can't be sure any of this will make the slightest sense but here goes. The winter feels still. I was out walking around around 10pm last night. The clouds overhead where moving at a pretty good clip, I even saw a couple people that were, as I was, being walked by our respective dogs. Yet, the cold air seems to cast a hush over all. The chill seemed to wedge a barrier between my self and the rest of the world. The world just seemed...still. Perhaps frozen in more than one sense. Or maybe I was just crashing from an endorphine high. You see, she is like my own personal brand of heroin....take that Cedric.

No comments:

Post a Comment